Thursday, August 9, 2012

French Artillery Progress

After a few weeks of working slowly on my Legere Battalion, I have decided that the upcoming Borodino battle was more important than my personal unit progress. I have this "shelved" my Chasseurs in favor of painting up my commitment to the battle - Fleeing artillery crews and abandoned artillery pieces.

I will be providing these troops for the game coming up labor day weekend and am very excited to get them painted...they should paint up pretty quick.

For the crews, I primed them Ultramarine blue and have washed them in a light black/brown wash to pick out the details against the blue figure. My next task will be to paint flesh on the hands and faces, followed by the red on the cuffs, turn backs, collars and shakos. Once that is done, my work is almost complete! I will then add the white to the belts and straps and finish the model off with black on the boots, cartridge and fuse boxes and finish them off with a final coat of wash. I also will need to paint the details of what each figure is holding, cannon balls, caisson boxes, swabs and buckets and trail spikes.





Anyway, here are some pictures of the guns themselves. I know the green is a little too dark for my taste, making them look almost Russian in their color, but with some small highlights I can pick the tops out and make them look a little lighter. They will also lighten up against the light green of the static grass.

Hope to have pictures of the crews soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment